calling all cars: be on the lookout for the latest issue of the noir mag …
In this issue I attempted some deep thinking on “what is noir” and specifically, does the great Lucille Ball/ Henry Fonda movie THE BIG STREET belong in the genre, in this latest chapter of the series, “Noir or Not?”
I also contributed a smaller version of the usual “Deadly is the Screen” calendar to let you know what noirs you can watch on TV, and what great DVDs and BluRay releases are coming up in the next couple months.
The rest of the Dark Pages mob of writers bring you some great reading like:
- a closer look at Bart and Laurie, the hot twosome from GUN CRAZY, in another installment of the Famous Couples of Noir,
- a look at the Language of Murder, My Sweet,
- the third installment of the series on noir music,
- quizzes and little odds & ends about actors in small roles and connections to other actors,
- plus a bunch of fascinating letters full of knowledge from Dark Pages readers, which is no surprise, since anyone who reads DP must be smart. are you one of them? Because if you’re not a subscriber then it follows you might be the opposite of smart. There’s a remedy though, subscribing to the paper or e-version via this link.