Hot off the presses is the very latest issue of the original bi-monthly publication for noir movie fans; here’s what you’ll find in it:
- A look at Neo-noir Out of Sight (1998) at the 2015 TCM Classic Film Festival
- Bio and tribute to Sally Forrest, who appeared in Mystery Street (1950), The Strip (1951), and While the City Sleeps (1956).
- Part 2 of Ann Sheridan: Her Music in Film, plus lots of extra details about her life and work
- An article on how several crime novels were repackaged to tie in to their movie adaptations
- My regular TCM Noir viewing guide, this time featuring The Lady from Shanghai, Joan Crawford’s Possessed, the William Bendix-Alan Ladd friendship from The Glass Key onward, and a spotlight on Peggie Castle and her noirs.
The Dark Pages is great reading for any noir fan, get this issue or a whole subscription; click right here to visit the Dark Pages site where you can order your paper or e-version.