Following on the previous post’s TCM Classic Film Festival trivia, here are some more questions Pam and I tweeted over the weekend. You can find Pam on twitter at @fallonthornley for classic movie fun and Remington Steele watch-along hosting. See how many of these you know (answers at the end), and help yourself to one of these buttons we’ve been handing out on twitter and in person at TCMFF (thanks to Ruth– see her tcmff pix here).
- After Eugene Joseff died in 1948, his Canadian born wife Joan took over his business. Both their names can be seen in the credits of many festival movies. What did they do?
2. Gene Wilder’s third wife Gilda Radner had a definite Canadian connection. Which of these is correct?
Mentor to Catherine O’Hara
Dated Martin Short
Member of the Toronto comedy troupe Second City
All of the above
3. Jack Warner originally turned Humphrey Bogart down for what reason?
He objected to: his lisp
…his big ears
…his bad singing
…his military record
4. Lee Miller was a stand-in for which Canadian TV actor?
Yvonne De Carlo
5. Which Bonnie & Clyde cast member’s mother was a drama teacher from Nova Scotia?
Michael J. Pollard
6. Which of the following Canadian fun facts is false, about a member of the cast of What’s Up Doc?
Dated a Canadian Playmate
Has applied for refugee status
Family worked on the border
Dated a prime minister
7. What popular and respected Canadian rock group accompanies Meryl Streep at the end of the film Postcards from the Edge?
- all of the above
- his lisp
- Raymond Burr
- Warren Beatty
- All 4 are true
- Blue Rodeo
Time once again to face the evil with the annual Big Bad Blogathon celebrating cinema’s worst villains.
Continue reading “Announcing The Great Villain Blogathon 2017!”